August 19, 2026
Worship Media
Nigerian News

BREAKING: WHO Suspends Trial Of Hydroxychloroquine As COVID-19 Treatment Over Safety Concerns

The World Health Organisation has suspended testing malaria drug, Hydroxychloroquine, in COVID-19 patients due to safety concerns.

WHO Director-General, Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, in a virtual press conference on Monday, said the decision came after the publication last week of a study indicating that using the drug on COVID-19 patients could increase their likelihood of dying.

Hydroxycholoroquine has been touted by United States President, Donald Trump, and others as a possible treatment for the disease. 

Trump had said he was taking the drug to help prevent infection.

“The executive group has implemented a temporary pause of the Hydroxychloroquine arm within the solidarity trial while the safety data is reviewed by the data safety monitoring board,” Ghebreyesus said.

Click Here to Visit Orignal Source of Article http://saharareporters.com/2020/05/25/breaking-who-suspends-trial-hydroxychloroquine-covid-19-treatment-over-safety-concerns

Related posts

Armed Robbers Ambush Ekiti Government Officials, Snatch N20m

Sahara Reporters

Igbo groups reject Almajirai relocation to Southeast

LindaikejisBlog

Nigerian Students’ Association Plans Mass Protest In OAU, Lambasts Vice-Chancellor Over Student’s Death

Sahara Reporters

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More

Privacy & Cookies Policy